A record setting summer
Summer is in full swing and for SOIL it has been a season brimming with activity. Not even the intensity of Haiti’s summer heat has been able to slow down the efforts of our tenacious crew!
SOIL’s EkoLakay team in northern Haiti has just wrapped up two back-to-back months with record-setting toilet installations, bringing more than 140 new families onto the service across Cap-Haïtien. At the same time, our SOIL truck has been zipping back and forth between the airport and SOIL’s office with increasing regularity as the R&D branch of SOIL heads into a busy month of visitors.
Many of SOIL’s research partners are making their way from outside of Haiti to help launch efforts looking at everything from the human-centered design improvements we could make to SOIL’s service, to the water usage trends of families using a dry EkoLakay toilet, to customer retention trends in a challenging context. Research like this is critical in helping SOIL refine our work not only to improve what we do in Haiti, but also to help replicators around the world better reach resource-poor urban communities with safe and dignified sanitation.
Want to get stories like these directly in your inbox? Fill out the form:
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our work in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
Other Recent Updates from SOIL
- HELP & SOIL: Fostering Meaningful Careers for Young Haitians Sep 27, 2023
- Capacity Building Training for SOIL’s Sales Team Sep 19, 2023
- SOIL’s EkoMobil Service Sees an Increase in Rental Requests Aug 29, 2023
- SOIL Welcomes CDC to Offices in Cap-Haitien Aug 21, 2023
- Meet Rich Flammer: SOIL’s New Advisory Board Member Aug 15, 2023
- SOIL and IAF Meet Up in Fort Bourgeois Aug 9, 2023
- CBS: The Future of Safely Managed Sanitation Aug 4, 2023
- New Study by WHO and UNICEF Reports Women and Girls Most at Risk From the Water and Sanitation Crisis Jul 27, 2023
- 2023 Tourism Innovation Summit Kicks Off in Cap-Haitien Jul 7, 2023
- Grinder Campaign Update – Thank You! Jun 28, 2023