A record setting summer
Summer is in full swing and for SOIL it has been a season brimming with activity. Not even the intensity of Haiti’s summer heat has been able to slow down the efforts of our tenacious crew!
SOIL’s EkoLakay team in northern Haiti has just wrapped up two back-to-back months with record-setting toilet installations, bringing more than 140 new families onto the service across Cap-Haïtien. At the same time, our SOIL truck has been zipping back and forth between the airport and SOIL’s office with increasing regularity as the R&D branch of SOIL heads into a busy month of visitors.
Many of SOIL’s research partners are making their way from outside of Haiti to help launch efforts looking at everything from the human-centered design improvements we could make to SOIL’s service, to the water usage trends of families using a dry EkoLakay toilet, to customer retention trends in a challenging context. Research like this is critical in helping SOIL refine our work not only to improve what we do in Haiti, but also to help replicators around the world better reach resource-poor urban communities with safe and dignified sanitation.
Want to get stories like these directly in your inbox? Fill out the form:
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our work in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
Other Recent Updates from SOIL
- SOIL announces new give-back partnership with bamboo toilet paper company, Reel Paper Jul 8, 2020
- A Devastating Blow to Haiti’s Most Vulnerable Jun 23, 2020
- New Routing App Streamlines SOIL’s COVID-19 Response Jun 17, 2020
- Nature Climate Change: Groundbreaking Research on GHG Emissions Offset of SOIL’s Sanitation Solution Jun 16, 2020
- June Newsletter: COVID-19 Response in Haiti and Latest News Jun 12, 2020
- In Memory of Deirdre May 20, 2020
- Meet Marckindy, SOIL’s Composting Supervisor May 18, 2020
- May Newsletter: Honoring Mothers Amidst COVID May 13, 2020
- Upcoming SOIL and CBSA Study: Comparing Costs of Urban Sanitation Solutions May 10, 2020
- Global Collaboration Amidst a Pandemic May 8, 2020