CBS News: Sowing seeds of hope for Haiti’s future
We are excited and honored to share a beautiful piece about our dear friend and partner Daniel Tilias and his organization, SAKALA, based in Cite Soleil. Daniel has worked tirelessly to create local solutions to Haiti’s intertwined issues of environmental degradation, lack of employment opportunities, and need for safe spaces for children to learn and play. Check out this video and article from CBS News to see how far SAKALA has come since its founding in 2002 – and look out for a SOIL cameo near the end!
Want to keep reading?
- From Larvae to Chicken Feed: What’s New with Black Soldier Fly Research Apr 8, 2021
- Haiti Update: SOIL Board Member, Johnny Cèlestin, Speaks with DeRay Mckesson on Protest Movement Mar 31, 2021
- SOIL x Reel Video: What does water mean to you? Mar 24, 2021
- Improving Collections with Human-Centered Design Mar 17, 2021
- Happy International Women’s Day! Mar 5, 2021
- Understanding the Price: the Push for Economic Biodiversity Feb 22, 2021
- Better, Cheaper, Faster: Researching Ways to Improve SOIL’s Composting Process Feb 12, 2021
- Meet Djimitri, SOIL’s Director of Operations Feb 5, 2021
- SOIL and CBSA Study: Comparing Costs of Urban Sanitation Solutions Feb 1, 2021
- Providing Dignified Sanitation Using Mobile Tech Jan 22, 2021
No Replies to "CBS News: Sowing seeds of hope for Haiti's future"