CBS News: Sowing seeds of hope for Haiti’s future
We are excited and honored to share a beautiful piece about our dear friend and partner Daniel Tilias and his organization, SAKALA, based in Cite Soleil. Daniel has worked tirelessly to create local solutions to Haiti’s intertwined issues of environmental degradation, lack of employment opportunities, and need for safe spaces for children to learn and play. Check out this video and article from CBS News to see how far SAKALA has come since its founding in 2002 – and look out for a SOIL cameo near the end!
Want to keep reading?
- SOIL Partners: An Interview with the Director General of Cap-Haitien’s city hall Sep 24, 2020
- Composting Across Countries: A visit to Kompotoi in Switzerland Sep 9, 2020
- Container-Based Sanitation: Including Vulnerable Populations in Climate Mitigation Aug 20, 2020
- August Newsletter: SOIL Launches New Marketing Campaign as Emergency Measures are Lifted Aug 12, 2020
- Reflections on Research: Biogeochemist Gavin McNicol shares insights from his research at SOIL Aug 7, 2020
- SOIL’s EkoLakay Toilet Service Bridging the Gap in Haiti’s Sanitation Sector Aug 4, 2020
- World Centric: Interview with Sasha Kramer Jul 17, 2020
- SOIL announces new give-back partnership with bamboo toilet paper company, Reel Paper Jul 8, 2020
- A Devastating Blow to Haiti’s Most Vulnerable Jun 23, 2020
- New Routing App Streamlines SOIL’s COVID-19 Response Jun 17, 2020
No Replies to "CBS News: Sowing seeds of hope for Haiti's future"