Celebrate World Toilet Day!
Since 2006, SOIL has been working to provide safe, dignified access to in-home sanitation through our EkoLakay toilet service. Our community-driven regenerative and ecological sanitation solution was designed (and continues to adapt) to improve public health, quality of life, and the environment – to facilitate the long-term sustainability of in-home sanitation services in Haiti. For SOIL, providing an in-home toilet is only one part of supporting our communities’ essential needs; we’re invested in setting households and individuals on a path for long-term quality of life improvement, safety and security, and opportunities for dignified living. We’re also invested in a solution that mitigates climate change and supports resilient ecosystems.
We are thrilled that this year’s World Toilet Day is focused on sustainable sanitation and climate change. SOIL has been working for over a decade to provide sustainable sanitation that respects, regenerates and revives depleted ecosystems through our full cycle sanitation model. We hope that this year’s theme helps to raise awareness for sustainable solutions that mitigate climate change, promote hygiene behavior change that protects ecosystems and provides innovative waste treatment services.
SOIL is proud to provide over 7,400 people in Haiti with access to safe sanitation.
On this World Toilet Day, SOIL is proud to provide over 7,400 people in Haiti with access to safe sanitation. But there is still A LOT of work to be done to tackle the crisis. In Haiti, the majority of the population still does not have access to safely managed sanitation. Around the world, an estimated 2.3 billion people lack access to sanitation. We must continue to drive innovation around sanitation and find the solutions that make real impact in vulnerable communities around the globe.
So let’s work together on this World Toilet Day to make real impact and improve the lives of so many around the globe. We hope you start with SOIL, support from our incredibly generous donors make our life-saving work possible. Help us tackle the sanitation crisis and make a true impact by donating today.
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our lifesaving, earth-restoring sanitation services in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
- May Day Celebrations Kick off in Cap-Haitien This Year with EkoLakay, Compost and More! May 6, 2021
- Climate Risks: Understanding Haiti’s Climate Vulnerability Apr 22, 2021
- From Larvae to Chicken Feed: What’s New with Black Soldier Fly Research Apr 8, 2021
- Haiti Update: SOIL Board Member, Johnny Cèlestin, Speaks with DeRay Mckesson on Protest Movement Mar 31, 2021
- SOIL x Reel Video: What does water mean to you? Mar 24, 2021
- Improving Collections with Human-Centered Design Mar 17, 2021
- Happy International Women’s Day! Mar 5, 2021
- Understanding the Price: the Push for Economic Biodiversity Feb 22, 2021
- Better, Cheaper, Faster: Researching Ways to Improve SOIL’s Composting Process Feb 12, 2021
- Meet Djimitri, SOIL’s Director of Operations Feb 5, 2021