A Cohort of Social Enterprises Building a Sustainable Future
SOIL is proud to be participating in the Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI) at Santa Clara University’s Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship. GSBI works with social entrepreneurs from around the world on their business plan, financial model, and growth plan. We’re honored to join an accomplished cohort of social entrepreneurs in this six-month online course as we work to formalize SOIL’s five year strategy plan for growth and financial sustainability.
GSBI introduces SOIL and other members of their new women’s economic empowerment affinity group for women-led social enterprises in this new article. How did SOIL and our Executive Director, Dr. Sasha Kramer, make it to where we are today?
“From my work as a human rights observer, I had a strong network of community organizers in Haiti. They’d already been thinking about sanitation—for reasons of privacy, security, and disease control—and the potential to produce compost from human waste was another inducement, adding value for Haiti’s farmers. So together with this amazing group of Haitian community organizers and a brilliant engineer from the United States, I co-founded SOIL in 2006.” – Sasha Kramer
Follow this link to read the full piece and let us know what you think in the comment section below.
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our work in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
Want to keep reading? Check out these other recent posts on the SOIL blog
- New Publication Links Container-Based Sanitation and Human Rights Jun 24, 2022
- June 2022 Newsletter: Haiti in the News – Understanding the Historical Context Jun 20, 2022
- Following the Science with Carbon Credits: SOIL at the Global Water Summit Jun 9, 2022
- Meet Sadouddly May 26, 2022
- Avi Rekritman: Manadjè Senyò Vant May 16, 2022
- Deriving financial benefit from SOIL’s climate mitigation action: is it possible? Apr 28, 2022
- Happy Earth Day! Apr 22, 2022
- Increasing Impact with EkoLakay Public Toilets Apr 13, 2022
- Windrow Composting: What We’ve Learned from the Pilot Research and Where We’re Going Apr 7, 2022
- Women in Sanitation: Interview with Froggi VanRiper Apr 4, 2022