A Cohort of Social Enterprises Building a Sustainable Future
SOIL is proud to be participating in the Global Social Benefit Institute (GSBI) at Santa Clara University’s Miller Center for Social Entrepreneurship. GSBI works with social entrepreneurs from around the world on their business plan, financial model, and growth plan. We’re honored to join an accomplished cohort of social entrepreneurs in this six-month online course as we work to formalize SOIL’s five year strategy plan for growth and financial sustainability.
GSBI introduces SOIL and other members of their new women’s economic empowerment affinity group for women-led social enterprises in this new article. How did SOIL and our Executive Director, Dr. Sasha Kramer, make it to where we are today?
“From my work as a human rights observer, I had a strong network of community organizers in Haiti. They’d already been thinking about sanitation—for reasons of privacy, security, and disease control—and the potential to produce compost from human waste was another inducement, adding value for Haiti’s farmers. So together with this amazing group of Haitian community organizers and a brilliant engineer from the United States, I co-founded SOIL in 2006.” – Sasha Kramer
Follow this link to read the full piece and let us know what you think in the comment section below.
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our work in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
Want to keep reading? Check out these other recent posts on the SOIL blog
- The Strength of Solidarity Oct 11, 2019
- Discussing Future Growth with Local Stakeholders Oct 11, 2019
- 3 Takeaways from a Study on SOIL’s Circular Solution Oct 10, 2019
- Behind the Scenes at SOIL: Four Operational Updates Oct 8, 2019
- A Fuel Crisis in Haiti Sep 12, 2019
- A Cohort of Visionary Agronomy Students Sep 11, 2019
- Sanitation & Climate: SOIL at World Water Week Sep 9, 2019
- Women in WASH: Meet SOIL Research Partners Sep 7, 2019
- Job Opening: Development Director Aug 15, 2019
- Meet SOIL: Frantz Jean-Louis Aug 12, 2019