Common Dreams: Head of Prominent NGO Walks Out of Trump’s Davos Speech
Protesting Trump’s “shithole” comment and in solidarity with the people of Haiti—a “beautiful, unique, revolutionary nation” — co-founder of SOIL, NGO focused on sustainable sanitation and ecology, voices dissent at global gathering. Photo: Jorge Ribas.
“In particular, [Sasha] Kramer’s action was a response to the administration’s recent decision to end protections afforded Haitian refugees living in the U.S. under the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) program as well as eye-witness reports that Trump referred to Haiti, as well as other nations, as “shithole countries” during a White House meeting earlier this month, writes Jon Queally for Common Dreams.
Other Recent SOIL Coverage
- SOIL featured in Expo 2020 Dubai Global Best Practice Programme | Untold Stories Oct 5, 2020
- An Interview with Entre Nous: A Big Problem in Haiti – the Environment Sep 15, 2020
- Yon ti chita pale ak “Entre Nous”: Yon Gwo Pwoblem an Ayiti – Anviwonman an Sep 15, 2020
- Yale Climate Connections: As the planet warms, can we afford to treat poop as waste? Sep 1, 2020
- August Newsletter: SOIL Launches New Marketing Campaign as Emergency Measures are Lifted Aug 12, 2020
- SEE Change Magazine talks with SOIL on how COVID-19 is Impacting the Most Vulnerable Jun 9, 2020
- National Geographic: Explorers in the Field visits SOIL May 28, 2020
- SOIL Chosen as Editors’ Pick in the Food Planet Prize May 25, 2020
- SOCIETY Magazine: Completing the Poop Loop Jan 20, 2020
- AJ+ Français: TURNING DEADLY POOP INTO FERTILE SOIL Jan 7, 2020
1 Reply to "Common Dreams: Head of Prominent NGO Walks Out of Trump's Davos Speech"