Job Opening: Development Associate
Job Announcement: Development Associate
Application Deadline: March 9, 2020
Start Date: Position currently open
SOIL is an award-winning organization founded in 2006, inspired by the belief that the most pervasive human rights abuse globally is poverty. SOIL works in Haiti to increase access to climate-positive sanitation services using a groundbreaking circular-economy model that simultaneously improves public health, food security, economic development, and ecological resiliency. SOIL’s sanitation service currently provides over 6,000 people with safely-managed sanitation, prevents over 500 metric tons of waste from polluting water resources each year, and produces over 80 metric tons of agricultural-grade compost annually. SOIL is a team of 70+ people with specialties in social business, ecology, sanitation, agriculture, finance, community relations, marketing, and more. Learn more about our work at www.oursoil.org.
JOIN OUR TEAM
SOIL is seeking a Development Associate to provide exceptional fundraising support to our small team, assist with communicating project activities and outcomes to donors, and with researching and securing additional funding opportunities. As a nimble, fast-paced organization, SOIL is looking for a hard-working candidate who is enthusiastic, creative, flexible, and committed to the mission of our organization and its success.
- Minimum 1-year non-profit fundraising experience
- Passion for supporting economic development, public health, and environmental restoration
- Strong attention to detail and ability to tackle and complete assignments on a quick turnaround
- Energetic and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work well independently and as member of a remote-based team
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and build authentic relationships effectively across barriers
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Willingness to learn Haitian Creole
- Demonstrated track record securing gifts from individuals, foundations, corporate partners, and other funding sources
- Familiarity of best practices in donor cultivation and communications, interest in staying abreast of industry trends
- Familiarity with grant writing and reporting
- Proficiency with prominent social media channels
- Graphic design experience and aptitude
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or HTML
- Experience with MailChimp
- Experience with NetSuite or other similar donor databases
- Experience working in an international nonprofit setting
- Prior knowledge of Haiti and/or issues pertaining to public health, sanitation, or climate change
- Fluency in French and/or Haitian Creole
This is a remote based position, a computer will be provided but you are expected to have a quiet work environment with a good internet connection. Up to 25% travel possible including short visits and/or more extended stays in Cap-Haïtien, Haiti.
HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position with a schedule of 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday, with exact hours dependent on time zone.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience and entry level or early career development positions at similar-sized non-profit organizations.
Benefits include international health insurance or a health stipend to reimburse a plan of your choosing and 4-weeks of paid vacation annually.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and 3 references to SOIL by email to [email protected] by March 9, 2020 with the subject line “Development Associate”.
We will review your application as quickly as possible and we will be in touch if you are invited to interview. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
INTERESTED IN OTHER POSITIONS?
Sign up to receive email announcements of future job and internship openings at SOIL here.