Job Opening: Consulting Chief Information Officer
SOIL is an award-winning organization founded in 2006, inspired by the belief that the most pervasive human rights abuse globally is poverty. SOIL works in Haiti to increase access to climate-positive sanitation services using a groundbreaking circular-economy model that simultaneously improves public health, food security, economic development, and ecological resiliency. SOIL’s sanitation service currently provides over nearly 10,000 people with safely managed sanitation, prevents over 500 metric tons of waste from polluting water resources each year, and produces over 80 metric tons of agricultural-grade compost annually. SOIL is a team of 60+ people with specialties in social business, ecology, sanitation, agriculture, finance, community relations, marketing, and more. Learn more about our work at www.oursoil.org.
JOIN OUR TEAM
SOIL is seeking a Chief Information Officer Consultant to provide support to our team by developing and executing a comprehensive technology strategy for our organization.
|Job Title||Consulting Chief Information Officer|
|Job Location||Cap-Haitien, Haiti or Remote|
|Job Type||Part-time consultancy (orientation period will require significant hours)|
|Posting Date||February 8, 2022|
|Application Deadline||February 22, 2022|
|Desired Start Date||March 15, 2022|
The Consulting Chief Information Officer is responsible for leading, directing, planning, and managing SOIL’s information technology strategy. They will collaborate with IT employees and oversee the development and implementation of data analysis, computer operations, and related functions. The Consulting CIO will collaborate with the executive team in planning organizational growth and coordinating the strategic plan with the development of information systems. The Consulting CIO will be an experienced leader and motivator, with a record of successful change management, building and developing teams, establishing a strong data culture as organizational value, an extensive track record of successful service and project delivery and be able to demonstrate innovative practice. The Consulting CIO will bring current knowledge and future vision to leverage information and technology in operational improvements and support for the organization’s mission and vision.
Primary tasks include:
- Developing a coherent, integrated technology strategy to advance SOIL’s strategic plan.
- Analyzing SOIL’s current data management tools (including Microsoft Office, the Google suite, Asana, Slack, and Salesforce) and identifying opportunities to streamline and strengthen these systems.
- Working collaboratively with operational leaders to assess, identify, and set internal technology priorities and sequences based on strategic priorities.
- Setting objectives and strategies for the efficient and effective operations of the IT department.
- Developing IT risk mitigation strategies.
- Gaining knowledge in systems and hardware developments to ensure incorporation of new developments in future systems.
- Overseeing execution and implementation of all internal technology projects.
- Directing the design, development, and maintenance of systems, programs, and systems software to meet the organization’s needs.
- Creating, maintaining, and enforcing written policies and procedures regarding all computer operations in the IT Department and throughout the organization.
- Creating and managing internal data analysis and reporting tools, including client data, utilization data, and oversee weekly reporting on service delivery performance to operational leaders.
- Overseeing the technological infrastructure (networks and computer systems) in the organization to ensure optimal performance.
- Planning the implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization.
- Partnering with leadership to establish a strong data culture as an organizational value.
- Planning and managing technology acquisitions to ensure consistency with and support of the Company’s strategic plans.
- Analyzing costs, benefits, and risks of internal technology solutions to advise operational leaders.
- Maintaining relationships with representatives of firms providing data hardware, software, and support service.
- Consulting in administering and controlling the information systems expense budget towards a cost-effective operation.
- Other tasks as requested and mutually agreed upon.
- At least 3+ years of proven experience as CIO or similar managerial role with quantifiable and demonstrable results
- Deep experience in managing and tackling the challenges associated with data collection, analysis, and integration in challenging contexts
- Comprehensive knowledge of information systems technology systems and infrastructure, including familiarity with tools, data methodologies, and systems available in the marketplace, and the ability to keep abreast of new technologies
- Proven project management skill, including needs analysis, planning, and implementation
- High EQ and strong communication skills with the ability to interface with IT, Operations, and Research teams, and negotiate between them
- Experience in consulting through change and transformation, with proven change management techniques preferred
- Familiarity with the technical needs of nonprofits
- Admin experience in Salesforce, or ability to begin Salesforce Admin training prior to March 15
- Professional proficiency in English, as well as French or Creole
HOW TO APPLY
Send the application materials below by email to [email protected] with your first and last name in the subject line. Application materials should be in English or Creole and include only the following: o Cover letter explaining your interest and most relevant qualifications for this position o CV o Contact information for 3 professional references (applicants will be notified before we contact these references) Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Please do NOT send copies of additional documents/certifications unless requested.
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our lifesaving, earth-restoring sanitation services in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
- Deriving financial benefit from SOIL’s climate mitigation action: is it possible? Apr 28, 2022
- Happy Earth Day! Apr 22, 2022
- Increasing Impact with EkoLakay Public Toilets Apr 13, 2022
- Job Post: Development and Communications Associate Apr 11, 2022
- Windrow Composting: What We’ve Learned from the Pilot Research and Where We’re Going Apr 7, 2022
- Women in Sanitation: Interview with Froggi VanRiper Apr 4, 2022
- SOIL Offers Food Canteen for Employees Mar 15, 2022
- SOIL Brings Dignified Sanitation to Kanaval Mar 11, 2022
- Introducing Our Advisory Board Feb 23, 2022
- AVI REKRITMAN: Konsiltan Konpos Lakay Feb 22, 2022