Job Opening: Development and Communications Intern
Job Announcement: Development and Communications Intern
Application Deadline: October 2, 2020
Start Date: November 2, 2020 (or earlier if possible)
SOIL is an award-winning organization founded in 2006, inspired by the belief that the most pervasive human rights abuse globally is poverty. SOIL works in Haiti to increase access to climate-positive sanitation services using a groundbreaking circular-economy model that simultaneously improves public health, food security, economic development, and ecological resiliency. SOIL’s sanitation service currently provides over 6,000 people with safely-managed sanitation, prevents over 500 metric tons of waste from polluting water resources each year, and produces over 80 metric tons of agricultural-grade compost annually. SOIL is a team of 70+ people with specialties in social business, ecology, sanitation, agriculture, finance, community relations, marketing, and more. Learn more about our work at www.oursoil.org.
JOIN OUR TEAM
SOIL is seeking a Development and Communications Intern to provide support to our small team by: assisting with communicating project activities and outcomes, creating exceptional and brand-aligned design collateral, and other special projects as needed. As a nimble, fast-paced organization, SOIL is looking for a hard-working candidate who is enthusiastic, creative, flexible, and committed to the mission of our organization and its success.
- Minimum 1 year of communications and/or marketing experience OR equivalent education and ability to produce a work sample
- Minimum 1 year of graphic design experience OR equivalent education and ability to produce a work sample
- Strong attention to detail and ability to tackle and complete assignments on a quick turnaround
- Energetic and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work well independently and as member of a remote-based team
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and build authentic relationships effectively across barriers
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Willingness to learn Haitian Creole
- Knowledge of WordPress and/or HTML
- Experience with MailChimp
- Experience with NetSuite or other similar donor databases
- Experience working in an international nonprofit setting
- Prior knowledge of Haiti and/or issues pertaining to public health, sanitation, or climate change
- Fluency in French and/or Haitian Creole
This is a remote-based position. A computer will be provided should you need one, but you are expected to have a quiet work environment with a good internet connection.
HOURS OF WORK
This is a flexible position with a negotiable Monday to Friday schedule, with exact hours dependent on time zone. Candidates will need to be able to commit to 20-30 hours per week.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a paid internship with an hourly rate range of $12-$15. Final pay rate DOE.
As this is a temporary internship position, it does not qualify for benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a cover letter, CV or resume, writing sample (can be an excerpt, no more than one page), example of graphic design work, and 2 references to SOIL by email to [email protected] by October 2, 2020 with the subject line “Development Intern”.
We will review your application as quickly as possible and we will be in touch if you are invited to interview.
INTERESTED IN OTHER POSITIONS?
Sign up to receive email announcements of future job and internship openings at SOIL here.