JOB OPENING: EkoLakay Program Advisor
Job Announcement: EkoLakay Program Advisor
Location: Port-au-Prince with limited travel to Cap-Haitien
Application Deadline: June 16th, 2017
Start Date: July 1st, 2017 or as soon as possible
SOIL (Sustainable Organic Integrated Livelihoods) has been working in Haiti since 2006 to promote dignity, health, and sustainable livelihoods through the transformation of wastes into resources. The SOIL leadership team is pleased to announce an opportunity to join the SOIL Advisory Team in our Port-au-Prince office to support the development of our innovative social business (EkoLakay) for the provision of ecological household sanitation services.
SOIL is currently seeking a EkoLakay Program Advisor to provide guidance to SOIL’s household toilet program in achieving its strategic objectives. The advisor is responsible for providing key support to the EkoLakay Program Managers and acting as a liaison between external researchers and the SOIL operational team to push forward innovations and improve operational efficiency. This position is critical to SOIL’s long-term vision of increasing access to affordable, dignified sanitation services and creating sustainable livelihood opportunities in Haiti and globally.
The EkoLakay Program Advisor is responsible for supporting the Port-au-Prince EkoLakay Program Director to develop and implement operational systems to achieve SOIL’s strategic goals for the household toilet service. The Advisor is responsible for providing the Port-au-Prince EkoLakay Program Director with technical assistance, proposing adjustments to SOIL’s household toilet service to optimize operational processes, and setting and tracking metrics to document progress.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- With the EkoLakay Program Director, shepherd a continuous cycle of planning, implementation, and analysis; specifically working with the EkoLakay team to:
- Execute the annual strategy through the creation of quarterly action plans, including implementation of significant changes to the service model to increase profitability.
- Collect and analyze data, including GPS coordinates of clients and other relevant points, to provide additional recommendations on improving operations.
- Identify and share best practices and lessons learned (both internal and external) into program strategy and operations.
- Review and update standard operational protocols to ensure field operations respect best practices vis-à-vis safety, customer service, and financial sustainability.
- Work with Cap-Haitien EkoLakay Advisor to update the process cost analysis with Port-au-Prince data.
- Work with the Systems Director and the EkoLakay team to increase general organizational efficiency and effectiveness by:
- Increasing staff capacity on the use of the Salesforce database and smartphone data collection.
- Ensuring program documents and data are properly organized in Dropbox.
- Developing the capacity of the EkoLakay team as related to their job responsibilities and program requirements.
- Participate in program monitoring, evaluation, and periodic reporting related to EkoLakay by:
- Making frequent field visits to inspect progress of EkoLakay activities including (particularly in the initial months) accompanying and/or actually performing the job of each team member.
- Reviewing the EkoLakay Program Director’s monthly report.
- Submitting a monthly report to Directors that summarizes progress towards strategic objectives, including challenges and proposed resolutions.
- Supporting the Development team with reporting on grants related to the EkoLakay Port-au-Prince program.
- Collaborating on papers and presentations for international conferences/publications as requested.
- Support the EkoLakay Program Director and Regional Director in external relations related to EkoLakay including:
- Coordinating with appropriate stakeholders in all aspects of project planning, monitoring, and implementation for all activities.
- Working with the operational team to develop strong supply chain networks within the private sector.
- Ensuring that the EkoLakay program is in line with all government regulations and working with the operational team to maintain strong relationships with the relevant government authorities.
- Participating in meetings and field visits.
- Serve as a liaison between external researchers and the operational team by:
- Coordinating and hosting visits by external researchers and consultants working to evaluate or support the work of the EkoLakay operational team.
- Serving as the primary point of contact with external researchers evaluating Port-au-Prince operations.
- Collaborating on academic publications related to the EkoLakay service in Cap-Haitien and/or Port-au-Prince.
- As required, provide support to the Marketing and Sales Advisor in the transition of EkoMobil to a private service provider by:
- Analyzing data to provide regular recommendations on how to improve operations and advance the EkoMobil program.
- Improving tracking for EkoMobil expenses and performing cost analyses after each rental is complete with the support of the Marketing Advisor and Systems Director.
- Submit a monthly report to Directors that summarizes progress towards strategic objectives in both offices, including challenges and proposed resolutions.
- Passion for development and appreciation for Haiti
- Respect for co-workers
- Strong coaching/mentoring skills and readiness to work in a supportive capacity
- MBA or experience developing and/or evaluating business plans
- The ability to investigate issues, analyze the findings, and provide strong data-based recommendations to colleagues.
- Experience with social business development for the provision of basic services
- Background in data management and analysis
- Experience in preparing and managing budgets
- Ideally, experience in WASH, especially sustainable sanitation technologies
- Fluency in English and French
- Fluency in Haitian Creole (the primary language used within the organization) or willingness to achieve it
If you fulfill the criteria above and are interested in applying for the position, please provide the following documentation:
- Cover letter
- 3 references, at least one (1) of which must be a professional reference
Please send these documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before June 16th, 2017 to be considered for this opening.