JOB OPENING: Financial Assistant (Remote)
Job Announcement: Financial Assistant
Location: Virtual work, Assistant may work from home
Employment Type: Part Time, ~5 hours/week
Application Deadline: November 10, 2016
Start Date: December 1st, 2016
Sustainable Organic Integrated Livelihoods (SOIL) is a US based non-profit organization that has been promoting ecological sanitation in Haiti since 2006 (www.oursoil.org). We are a small organization focused on the quality of our work and committed to developing innovative and sustainable sanitation solutions in Haiti. We are also committed to transparency and responsible management of donor funds and, as such, are seeking a passionate and professional individual to assist our Financial Director with accounting and reporting responsibilities.
We are looking for someone with a passion for environmental protection and increasing access to basic human rights. This position is critical to SOIL’s long-term vision of increasing access to affordable, dignified sanitation services and creating sustainable livelihood opportunities in Haiti.
We are seeking a candidate with the following qualities (many of these qualities are desirable but not an absolute pre-requisite for the job):
- Passion for development and appreciation for Haiti
- Respect for co-workers
- Readiness to work in a supportive capacity
- Experience and/or background in non-profit financial management
- Fluency in English
As Financial Assistant, you will be responsible for the following:
- Paying vendors
- Transfers to SOIL’s 2 Haiti offices
- Staff reimbursements
- Monthly insurance payments
- Quickbooks entry to include:
- All finance reports generated in SOIL’s 2 Haiti offices
- Monthly salaries from both Haiti offices
- Paypal monthly entry
- Revenue from both Haiti offices
- Savings account monthly entry
- Bank of America entries including:
- Deposit revenue – checks
- Revenue – Wire transfers
- Revenue – Braintree, Benevity, Global Giving etc.
- Staff reimbursements
- Recurring monthly payments (wufoo, mail chimp, 7 corners etc.)
- Transfers and bank fees
- US and INT payroll
- Credit card transactions
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter, CV, and 3 references to SOIL by email at [email protected] no later than November 11, 2016.
Got something to say?