Meet Djimitri, SOIL’s New Operations Director
As SOIL continues to grow, so does our team! SOIL recently created a new position for an Operations Director in Cap-Haitien, Haiti. This new role is critical to our efforts to expand SOIL’s reach and will work with the senior management team in Port-au-Prince and Cap-Haitien to guide SOIL’s performance and growth. Djimitri Celestin was selected for this position, which starts mid-November, and we are delighted to welcome him to the SOIL team.
Djimitri has a background in industrial engineering and supply chain management and will be a huge asset to SOIL as we scale up our services in Cap-Haitien. His responsibilities will also include creating and managing a sales department to help SOIL grow, monitoring and evaluating KPI performance across our different teams, and working with SOIL’s COO and HR director to make sure human resource protocols are working well in action.
Djimitri discovered SOIL when he was in a restroom in Haiti and saw one of our composting toilets. He was intrigued by the idea of transforming human waste and started to read more about SOIL’s work. He later received some SOIL compost from a friend and was reassured after using the compost on his vegetables. “[SOIL’s] The team took this opportunity to take an ecological problem and turn it into [a] benefit for health, but also for our agricultural progress. SOIL is cleaning our natural resources while improving fertilizers for food assistance,” shared Djimitri.
“I am extremely passionate about economic development,” said Djimitri in one of our early conversations together. “Our responsibilities to others and ourselves are to create wealth, not only wealth but a generation of progress. I believe in community progress. The key goal that we should all have is: ‘I am planting a tree but I may not be the one eating the fruits.’”
Here’s to that! We are all really looking forward to Djimitri joining our efforts to expand lifesaving sanitation services in under-resourced communities later this month. In the meantime, please us in giving him a warm SOIL welcome!
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our work in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
Other Recent Updates from SOIL
- A conversation with SOIL’s Keurlit Charles Dec 1, 2022
- A Conversation with SOIL’s Human Resources Director, Wisner Jean-Louis Nov 23, 2022
- Making the Invisible Visible with CBSA’s Rémi Kaupp Nov 16, 2022
- SOIL’s Executive Director Receives the John and Elizabeth Phillips Award from her Alma Mater Nov 7, 2022
- SOIL Attends Sustainable Sanitation Consortium in Cape Town Nov 1, 2022
- A conversation with SOIL’s Romel Toussaint Oct 25, 2022
- Navigating the challenges in Haiti: A Conversation with SOIL’s EkoLakay Manager Oct 19, 2022
- Update from Haiti: October 2022 Oct 4, 2022
- Papers to Practice Podcast: SOIL’s Dr. Sasha Kramer and Research Partner, Dr. Rebecca Ryal discuss GHG Emissions and Waste Sep 20, 2022
- SOIL & Schools: Inspiring the Next Generation of Change Makers Sep 7, 2022
Photo credit: Vic Hinterlang