Reflections on Research: Biogeochemist Gavin McNicol shares insights from his research at SOIL
Gavin McNicol and a team of researchers at SOIL’s compost facility in Haiti.
Earlier this summer, SOIL was pleased to share newly published research in the journal Nature Climate Change that revealed groundbreaking analysis on SOIL’s sanitation solution and climate mitigation potential. We are particularly grateful for the remarkable and dedicated team of researchers who worked on this research with SOIL, and who are endeavoring to help solve the global climate crisis while simultaneously promoting the inclusivity of vulnerable and less privileged populations in the climate conversation.
We are thrilled to share a brief personal reflection on this research from one of the leading researchers at Stanford University, biogeochemist Gavin McNicol. Gavin writes beautifully about the connections between sanitation and the global public health crisis, his research at SOIL in Haiti, and its implications for climate mitigation. Please click the button below to read his full post.
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our lifesaving, earth-restoring sanitation services in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
- SOIL Partners: An Interview with the Director General of Cap-Haitien’s city hall Sep 24, 2020
- Composting Across Countries: A visit to Kompotoi in Switzerland Sep 9, 2020
- Container-Based Sanitation: Including Vulnerable Populations in Climate Mitigation Aug 20, 2020
- August Newsletter: SOIL Launches New Marketing Campaign as Emergency Measures are Lifted Aug 12, 2020
- Reflections on Research: Biogeochemist Gavin McNicol shares insights from his research at SOIL Aug 7, 2020
- SOIL’s EkoLakay Toilet Service Bridging the Gap in Haiti’s Sanitation Sector Aug 4, 2020
- World Centric: Interview with Sasha Kramer Jul 17, 2020
- SOIL announces new give-back partnership with bamboo toilet paper company, Reel Paper Jul 8, 2020
- A Devastating Blow to Haiti’s Most Vulnerable Jun 23, 2020
- New Routing App Streamlines SOIL’s COVID-19 Response Jun 17, 2020