Reflections on Research: Biogeochemist Gavin McNicol shares insights from his research at SOIL
Gavin McNicol and a team of researchers at SOIL’s compost facility in Haiti.
Earlier this summer, SOIL was pleased to share newly published research in the journal Nature Climate Change that revealed groundbreaking analysis on SOIL’s sanitation solution and climate mitigation potential. We are particularly grateful for the remarkable and dedicated team of researchers who worked on this research with SOIL, and who are endeavoring to help solve the global climate crisis while simultaneously promoting the inclusivity of vulnerable and less privileged populations in the climate conversation.
We are thrilled to share a brief personal reflection on this research from one of the leading researchers at Stanford University, biogeochemist Gavin McNicol. Gavin writes beautifully about the connections between sanitation and the global public health crisis, his research at SOIL in Haiti, and its implications for climate mitigation. Please click the button below to read his full post.
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our lifesaving, earth-restoring sanitation services in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
- SOIL Participates in Global Knowledge Sharing at Two International Conferences May 31, 2023
- SOIL Board Members Reflect on Haitian Heritage Month May 26, 2023
- Meet Winnie: SOIL’s Research, Innovation and Advocacy Director May 9, 2023
- SOIL visits Sanima in Lima Apr 27, 2023
- A Better Way to Partner on Carbon Offsets? Apr 20, 2023
- SOIL Researchers Make Data Publicly Available Apr 4, 2023
- Women in Sanitation: SOIL’s Georgette François Mar 30, 2023
- Women in Sanitation: SOIL’s Nazulia Dejoie Mar 24, 2023
- Meet Madame Petit: DINEPA’s Director of Sanitation Mar 20, 2023
- Support SOIL’s Growth & Help Us Grind More Bonzodè Mar 14, 2023
Got something to say?