SOCIETY Magazine: Completing the Poop Loop
“There is no such thing as waste; every molecule, every organism is valuable, even excrement.” – Sasha Kramer
As part of a reporting program devoted supporting innovative development journalists, Grégoire Belhoste and William Thorp spent time with SOIL at our Port-au-Prince facility last year to better understand the history and process of SOIL’s regenerative urban sanitation service.
The beautiful feature piece in Society Magazine explores SOIL’s history, the “poop loop” cycle, and why we believe that sanitation is a human right. Baudelaire Magloire told Society Magazine that, “we all deserve sanitation. Sanitation does not only concern a small group of people, it is everyone’s duty.”
SOIL’s in-home composting toilets help provide critical access to lifesaving sanitation while simultaneously restoring ecosystems, combatting climate change, and improving livelihoods for the people of Haiti. To learn more about how, click here to explore the full Society Magazine article. Be sure to scroll the beautiful pictures in the article and let us know what you think in the comment section below!
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our work in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
Other Recent SOIL Coverage
- SOIL Featured in New Book: Pipe Dreams by author Chelsea Wald Apr 16, 2021
- SOIL featured in Expo 2020 Dubai Global Best Practice Programme | Untold Stories Oct 5, 2020
- An Interview with Entre Nous: A Big Problem in Haiti – the Environment Sep 15, 2020
- Yon ti chita pale ak “Entre Nous”: Yon Gwo Pwoblem an Ayiti – Anviwonman an Sep 15, 2020
- Yale Climate Connections: As the planet warms, can we afford to treat poop as waste? Sep 1, 2020
- August Newsletter: SOIL Launches New Marketing Campaign as Emergency Measures are Lifted Aug 12, 2020
- SEE Change Magazine talks with SOIL on how COVID-19 is Impacting the Most Vulnerable Jun 9, 2020
- National Geographic: Explorers in the Field visits SOIL May 28, 2020
- SOIL Chosen as Editors’ Pick in the Food Planet Prize May 25, 2020
- SOCIETY Magazine: Completing the Poop Loop Jan 20, 2020
Photo Credit: Leonora Baumann / item