SOIL announces new give-back partnership with bamboo toilet paper company, Reel Paper
SOIL is excited to announce a new give-back partnership with California-based brand Reel Paper. The mission-driven, eco-friendly company reached out to SOIL last year to partner as a beneficiary in Reel Paper’s giving back sustainability program. Reel Paper uses bamboo to make its plastic-free, dye-free, biodegradable toilet paper. According to the company, using bamboo for producing toilet paper as opposed to traditional hardwood trees is both climate-conscious and practical. Bamboo uses uses significantly less water than hardwood trees, while also producing 35% more oxygen than trees – meaning an acre of bamboo can fix approximately 25 metric tons of atmospheric CO2 per year. Because bamboo can grow quickly without fertilizer and pesticides, and can be harvested once a year without having to be replanted, using it to manufacture paper products counters traditional deforestation methods that have a dramatic impact on forests worldwide. Through this new partnership, Reel Paper will donate $0.50 to SOIL for every purchase of Reel toilet paper. Together, we are on a mission to positively impact as many lives as possible by providing much-needed access to household sanitation for communities in Haiti. We are thrilled to partner with Reel and hope to expand awareness of the global sanitation crisis and educate consumers about the power of small changes.
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our lifesaving, earth-restoring sanitation services in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
- World Centric: Interview with Sasha Kramer Jul 17, 2020
- SOIL announces new give-back partnership with bamboo toilet paper company, Reel Paper Jul 8, 2020
- A Devastating Blow to Haiti’s Most Vulnerable Jun 23, 2020
- New Routing App Streamlines SOIL’s COVID-19 Response Jun 17, 2020
- Nature Climate Change: Groundbreaking Research on GHG Emissions Offset of SOIL’s Sanitation Solution Jun 16, 2020
- June Newsletter: COVID-19 Response in Haiti and Latest News Jun 12, 2020
- In Memory of Deirdre May 20, 2020
- Meet Marckindy, SOIL’s Composting Supervisor May 18, 2020
- May Newsletter: Honoring Mothers Amidst COVID May 13, 2020
- Upcoming SOIL and CBSA Study: Comparing Costs of Urban Sanitation Solutions May 10, 2020