SOIL Mentioned on NPR’s Fresh Air Podcast
Photo courtesy of Ricardo Venegas
The SOIL team works extremely hard to provide safe and dignified sanitation to the communities we serve and build a more resilient future in Haiti. We’re also committed to spreading the word about the global sanitation crisis and love to see our work featured in different mediums around the world. Recently, Chelsea Wald was interviewed on NPR Podcast, Fresh Air, where she discussed her book, Pipe Dreams: The Urgent Global Quest to Transform the Toilet, which debuted on April 6th.
Pipe Dreams explores the incredible work that is being done in the sector to innovate more efficient sanitation infrastructure, and address the failure of providing safe sanitation to the millions without access around the globe. The book also takes a deep dive into SOIL’s regenerative sanitation solution in Haiti and the ways in which SOIL is engineering and advocating for a new model for sustainable sanitation.
In the podcast, Chelsea mentioned her visit to Cap-Haitien, where she got a first-hand look at SOIL’s full cycle sanitation solution, the only safely managed sanitation service in northern Haiti. She also highlighted the ways that SOIL’s solution fits the local context by being cost-effective, climate-positive and culturally appropriate. SOIL is honored to be part of the sanitation revolution and we are thrilled that Chelsea is furthering the conversation in the sector. Listen to the full episode here to learn more!
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our lifesaving, earth-restoring sanitation services in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
- New Publication Links Container-Based Sanitation and Human Rights Jun 24, 2022
- June 2022 Newsletter: Haiti in the News – Understanding the Historical Context Jun 20, 2022
- Following the Science with Carbon Credits: SOIL at the Global Water Summit Jun 9, 2022
- Meet Sadouddly May 26, 2022
- Avi Rekritman: Manadjè Senyò Vant May 16, 2022
- Deriving financial benefit from SOIL’s climate mitigation action: is it possible? Apr 28, 2022
- Happy Earth Day! Apr 22, 2022
- Increasing Impact with EkoLakay Public Toilets Apr 13, 2022
- Windrow Composting: What We’ve Learned from the Pilot Research and Where We’re Going Apr 7, 2022
- Women in Sanitation: Interview with Froggi VanRiper Apr 4, 2022