SOIL Mentioned on NPR’s Fresh Air Podcast
Photo courtesy of Ricardo Venegas
The SOIL team works extremely hard to provide safe and dignified sanitation to the communities we serve and build a more resilient future in Haiti. We’re also committed to spreading the word about the global sanitation crisis and love to see our work featured in different mediums around the world. Recently, Chelsea Wald was interviewed on NPR Podcast, Fresh Air, where she discussed her book, Pipe Dreams: The Urgent Global Quest to Transform the Toilet, which debuted on April 6th.
Pipe Dreams explores the incredible work that is being done in the sector to innovate more efficient sanitation infrastructure, and address the failure of providing safe sanitation to the millions without access around the globe. The book also takes a deep dive into SOIL’s regenerative sanitation solution in Haiti and the ways in which SOIL is engineering and advocating for a new model for sustainable sanitation.
In the podcast, Chelsea mentioned her visit to Cap-Haitien, where she got a first-hand look at SOIL’s full cycle sanitation solution, the only safely managed sanitation service in northern Haiti. She also highlighted the ways that SOIL’s solution fits the local context by being cost-effective, climate-positive and culturally appropriate. SOIL is honored to be part of the sanitation revolution and we are thrilled that Chelsea is furthering the conversation in the sector. Listen to the full episode here to learn more!
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our lifesaving, earth-restoring sanitation services in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
- Client Story: Meet Edeline La Fosse Jul 29, 2021
- SOIL Mentioned on NPR’s Fresh Air Podcast Jul 19, 2021
- July 2021 Newsletter: Lespwa Fè Viv Jul 14, 2021
- SOIL’s Public Toilets Provide Safe Sanitation to Cap-Haitien Market Jul 1, 2021
- SOIL Participates in First-Ever National Interscholastic Puzzle Competition in Haiti Jun 24, 2021
- Human Waste for Sustainable Futures Jun 17, 2021
- Let’s Talk About Inclusive Sanitation! Jun 9, 2021
- SOIL Featured in PBS Series Human: The World Within May 26, 2021
- Field Day for the Directors: Launching a New Research Project May 19, 2021
- SOIL Executive Director, Dr. Sasha Kramer, Interviewed by CNN International May 11, 2021