SOIL Welcomes the Occidental Arts & Ecology Center
SOIL is pleased to welcome Brock Dolman and Kendall Dunnigan, Co-Directors of The Occidental Arts and Ecology Center’s (OAEC) Permaculture & Ecological Design program in California to Haiti!
OAEC and SOIL were originally brought together by our dear friends at the 11th Hour Project who are committed to solving global problems by fostering new connections. This visit is an exciting development in an ongoing SOIL/OAEC collaboration that started when 11th Hour sponsored members of SOIL to attend the Permaculture Design Certification course that Brock taught at the International Permaculture Convergence in Cuba.
At SOIL we are committed to fostering sustainable livelihoods and community health through the transformation of wastes into resources. We’re therefore very excited by this opportunity to work with and learn from Brock and Kendall, and we hope that you’ll see the impact of their visit in the improved ecological sustainability and economic impact of our work in the years to come.
For now, check out this list of blog posts from Brock and Kendall’s adventures with the SOIL team:
- OAEC Guest Blog: The SOIL Permaculture Design Process May 2, 2014
- OAEC Guest Blog: Symphony of "Konpòs" with SOIL April 4, 2014
- OAEC Guest Blog: From Metal to Magic – Spending Sunday with SOIL March 31, 2014
- OAEC Guest Blog: Wynne Farm March 30, 2014
- OAEC Guest Blog: We Have arrived! First Evening In Port-au-Prince March 29, 2014
- SOIL Welcomes the Occidental Arts & Ecology Center March 29, 2014
Also stay tuned for a short video documenting the trip as well as the permaculture design process now taking place SOIL’s experimental farm in Limonade. We are thrilled to collaborate with OAEC to help us incorporate permaculture into our organizational lexicon!
Got something to say?