“When is a five gallon bucket of poop more than just a five gallon bucket of poop? In this episode, Shawn Shafner (The Puru) s(h)its down with Sasha Kramer, co-founder and Executive Director of SOIL, and engineer/academic Kory Russel of re.source. Their Container Based Sanitation model is creating health and wealth in Haiti–one five gallon composting toilet at a time. We’ll discuss the energetic content of a lump of poop, delve into the roots of waste-making culture, and find out how SOIL harnesses the power of ecosystems to address basic human needs during a steamy discussion about “liberation ecology.” Ohhhhh, yeahhhhhhh.”
Shawn Shafner, The POOP Project, 23 June, 2016. Listen to the full podcast here.
Want to keep reading?
- This Week: Your Gift Goes Further Mar 23, 2020
- Enfòmasyon sou COVID-19 Mar 21, 2020
- How SOIL is Responding to COVID-19 Mar 18, 2020
- Boosting Efficiency and Designing for Resilience Mar 11, 2020
- Meet SOIL’s New Senior Sales Manager Viviane Mar 4, 2020
- Cultivating Food Production with 2,000 Bags of Compost Feb 27, 2020
- JOB OPENING: FINANCE DIRECTOR Feb 19, 2020
- Get to Know Sergo Feb 17, 2020
- 10 Years of Iterative Improvement and Resiliency Feb 12, 2020
- Frontiers in Environmental Science: Scaling Container-Based Sanitation Feb 3, 2020