“When is a five gallon bucket of poop more than just a five gallon bucket of poop? In this episode, Shawn Shafner (The Puru) s(h)its down with Sasha Kramer, co-founder and Executive Director of SOIL, and engineer/academic Kory Russel of re.source. Their Container Based Sanitation model is creating health and wealth in Haiti–one five gallon composting toilet at a time. We’ll discuss the energetic content of a lump of poop, delve into the roots of waste-making culture, and find out how SOIL harnesses the power of ecosystems to address basic human needs during a steamy discussion about “liberation ecology.” Ohhhhh, yeahhhhhhh.”
Shawn Shafner, The POOP Project, 23 June, 2016. Listen to the full podcast here.
Want to keep reading?
- Meet Beverly, SOIL’s Port-au-Prince EkoLakay Director Apr 8, 2019
- All Under One Roof Apr 1, 2019
- A Cohort of Social Enterprises Building a Sustainable Future Mar 26, 2019
- RFI talks Public Health with SOIL Mar 19, 2019
- In Loving Memory of our Dear Colleague Franck Grégoire Mar 1, 2019
- ReThink: Cities Without Sewers Feb 28, 2019
- Restoring Soils in our own Backyard Feb 21, 2019
- New World Bank Report Explores Impact of SOIL’s Sanitation Service Feb 19, 2019
- Keeping EkoLakay Active in a Country on Lockdown Feb 18, 2019
- Join CBSA at AfricaSan/FSM5 Feb 18, 2019