“When is a five gallon bucket of poop more than just a five gallon bucket of poop? In this episode, Shawn Shafner (The Puru) s(h)its down with Sasha Kramer, co-founder and Executive Director of SOIL, and engineer/academic Kory Russel of re.source. Their Container Based Sanitation model is creating health and wealth in Haiti–one five gallon composting toilet at a time. We’ll discuss the energetic content of a lump of poop, delve into the roots of waste-making culture, and find out how SOIL harnesses the power of ecosystems to address basic human needs during a steamy discussion about “liberation ecology.” Ohhhhh, yeahhhhhhh.”
Shawn Shafner, The POOP Project, 23 June, 2016. Listen to the full podcast here.
Want to keep reading?
- Meet Sadouddly May 26, 2022
- Avi Rekritman: Manadjè Senyò Vant May 16, 2022
- Deriving financial benefit from SOIL’s climate mitigation action: is it possible? Apr 28, 2022
- Happy Earth Day! Apr 22, 2022
- Increasing Impact with EkoLakay Public Toilets Apr 13, 2022
- Windrow Composting: What We’ve Learned from the Pilot Research and Where We’re Going Apr 7, 2022
- Women in Sanitation: Interview with Froggi VanRiper Apr 4, 2022
- SOIL Offers Food Canteen for Employees Mar 15, 2022
- SOIL Brings Dignified Sanitation to Kanaval Mar 11, 2022
- Introducing Our Advisory Board Feb 23, 2022