“When is a five gallon bucket of poop more than just a five gallon bucket of poop? In this episode, Shawn Shafner (The Puru) s(h)its down with Sasha Kramer, co-founder and Executive Director of SOIL, and engineer/academic Kory Russel of re.source. Their Container Based Sanitation model is creating health and wealth in Haiti–one five gallon composting toilet at a time. We’ll discuss the energetic content of a lump of poop, delve into the roots of waste-making culture, and find out how SOIL harnesses the power of ecosystems to address basic human needs during a steamy discussion about “liberation ecology.” Ohhhhh, yeahhhhhhh.”
Shawn Shafner, The POOP Project, 23 June, 2016. Listen to the full podcast here.
Want to keep reading?
- SOIL provides dignified sanitation at PapJazz Jan 24, 2023
- SOIL Talks Trash (Magic) Jan 17, 2023
- Climate Mitigation: SOIL’s continuing partnership with Global Water Intelligence Jan 12, 2023
- Renewed hope in the new year and proud reflections of the past year Jan 4, 2023
- Sanitation. Dignity. Hope. Dec 20, 2022
- A conversation with SOIL’s Waste Treatment Manager, Sadouddly Michael Lambert Dec 7, 2022
- SOIL’s 2022 Annual Report Dec 7, 2022
- A conversation with SOIL’s Keurlit Charles Dec 1, 2022
- A Conversation with SOIL’s Human Resources Director, Wisner Jean-Louis Nov 23, 2022
- Making the Invisible Visible with CBSA’s Rémi Kaupp Nov 16, 2022