“When is a five gallon bucket of poop more than just a five gallon bucket of poop? In this episode, Shawn Shafner (The Puru) s(h)its down with Sasha Kramer, co-founder and Executive Director of SOIL, and engineer/academic Kory Russel of re.source. Their Container Based Sanitation model is creating health and wealth in Haiti–one five gallon composting toilet at a time. We’ll discuss the energetic content of a lump of poop, delve into the roots of waste-making culture, and find out how SOIL harnesses the power of ecosystems to address basic human needs during a steamy discussion about “liberation ecology.” Ohhhhh, yeahhhhhhh.”
Shawn Shafner, The POOP Project, 23 June, 2016. Listen to the full podcast here.
Want to keep reading?
- SOIL’s 2019 Annual Report Nov 21, 2019
- Nurturing Long-term Collaboration in Cite Soleil Nov 13, 2019
- Our Doors Stay Open – An Update from Haiti Nov 12, 2019
- Understanding Why Families Join SOIL’s Sanitation Service Nov 7, 2019
- JOB OPENING: DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR Nov 6, 2019
- Meet Djimitri, SOIL’s New Operations Director Nov 4, 2019
- Meet Tidou Oct 21, 2019
- Courage and Persistence Oct 14, 2019
- The Strength of Solidarity Oct 11, 2019
- Discussing Future Growth with Local Stakeholders Oct 11, 2019