“When is a five gallon bucket of poop more than just a five gallon bucket of poop? In this episode, Shawn Shafner (The Puru) s(h)its down with Sasha Kramer, co-founder and Executive Director of SOIL, and engineer/academic Kory Russel of re.source. Their Container Based Sanitation model is creating health and wealth in Haiti–one five gallon composting toilet at a time. We’ll discuss the energetic content of a lump of poop, delve into the roots of waste-making culture, and find out how SOIL harnesses the power of ecosystems to address basic human needs during a steamy discussion about “liberation ecology.” Ohhhhh, yeahhhhhhh.”
Shawn Shafner, The POOP Project, 23 June, 2016. Listen to the full podcast here.
Want to keep reading?
- SOIL’s 2020 Annual Report Nov 18, 2020
- Celebrate World Toilet Day! Nov 17, 2020
- SOIL featured as one of UN-Habitat’s Urban Best Practices Nov 6, 2020
- Research Collaboration Has Increased Efficiency of EkoLakay Collection Nov 3, 2020
- Increasing climate resilience: how Konpòs Lakay helps agriculture producers during drought Oct 27, 2020
- Composting to Restore Soil Health with Konpòs Lakay Oct 13, 2020
- SOIL featured in Expo 2020 Dubai Global Best Practice Programme | Untold Stories Oct 5, 2020
- Entèvyou ak direktè jeneral lameri Okap Oct 1, 2020
- SOIL Partners: An Interview with the Director General of Cap-Haitien’s city hall Sep 24, 2020
- Composting Across Countries: A visit to Kompotoi in Switzerland Sep 9, 2020