Webinar: SOIL Talks Climate Connections with ILSR
Last week, SOIL’s Executive Director and Co-Founder Dr. Sasha Kramer presented on the Institute for Local Self-Reliance’s Compost Climate Connections series webinar. Sasha discussed the role compost plays in mitigating climate change, how ecological sanitation systems work, and the benefits of a circular economy approach to sanitation in Haiti. Long-time SOIL research partner Dr. Rebecca Ryals joined the webinar and shared the results from her recently published paper that analyzes the climate benefits of SOIL’s ecological sanitation services.
If you weren’t able to watch, The Institute for Local Self-Reliance has made the video available online. Enjoy!
Watch the Webinar
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our work in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
Other Recent Updates from SOIL
- SOIL Mentioned on NPR’s Fresh Air Podcast Jul 19, 2021
- July 2021 Newsletter: Lespwa Fè Viv Jul 14, 2021
- SOIL’s Public Toilets Provide Safe Sanitation to Cap-Haitien Market Jul 1, 2021
- SOIL Participates in First-Ever National Interscholastic Puzzle Competition in Haiti Jun 24, 2021
- Human Waste for Sustainable Futures Jun 17, 2021
- Let’s Talk About Inclusive Sanitation! Jun 9, 2021
- SOIL Featured in PBS Series Human: The World Within May 26, 2021
- Field Day for the Directors: Launching a New Research Project May 19, 2021
- SOIL Executive Director, Dr. Sasha Kramer, Interviewed by CNN International May 11, 2021
- May Day Celebrations Kick off in Cap-Haitien This Year with EkoLakay, Compost and More! May 6, 2021
Photo Credit: Vic Hinterlang