Webinar: SOIL Talks Climate Connections with ILSR
Last week, SOIL’s Executive Director and Co-Founder Dr. Sasha Kramer presented on the Institute for Local Self-Reliance’s Compost Climate Connections series webinar. Sasha discussed the role compost plays in mitigating climate change, how ecological sanitation systems work, and the benefits of a circular economy approach to sanitation in Haiti. Long-time SOIL research partner Dr. Rebecca Ryals joined the webinar and shared the results from her recently published paper that analyzes the climate benefits of SOIL’s ecological sanitation services.
If you weren’t able to watch, The Institute for Local Self-Reliance has made the video available online. Enjoy!
Watch the Webinar
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our work in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
Other Recent Updates from SOIL
- May Day Celebrations Kick off in Cap-Haitien This Year with EkoLakay, Compost and More! May 6, 2021
- Climate Risks: Understanding Haiti’s Climate Vulnerability Apr 22, 2021
- From Larvae to Chicken Feed: What’s New with Black Soldier Fly Research Apr 8, 2021
- Haiti Update: SOIL Board Member, Johnny Cèlestin, Speaks with DeRay Mckesson on Protest Movement Mar 31, 2021
- SOIL x Reel Video: What does water mean to you? Mar 24, 2021
- Improving Collections with Human-Centered Design Mar 17, 2021
- Happy International Women’s Day! Mar 5, 2021
- Understanding the Price: the Push for Economic Biodiversity Feb 22, 2021
- Better, Cheaper, Faster: Researching Ways to Improve SOIL’s Composting Process Feb 12, 2021
- Meet Djimitri, SOIL’s Director of Operations Feb 5, 2021
Photo Credit: Vic Hinterlang