Webinar: SOIL Talks Climate Connections with ILSR
Last week, SOIL’s Executive Director and Co-Founder Dr. Sasha Kramer presented on the Institute for Local Self-Reliance’s Compost Climate Connections series webinar. Sasha discussed the role compost plays in mitigating climate change, how ecological sanitation systems work, and the benefits of a circular economy approach to sanitation in Haiti. Long-time SOIL research partner Dr. Rebecca Ryals joined the webinar and shared the results from her recently published paper that analyzes the climate benefits of SOIL’s ecological sanitation services.
If you weren’t able to watch, The Institute for Local Self-Reliance has made the video available online. Enjoy!
Watch the Webinar
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our work in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
Other Recent Updates from SOIL
- New Research on Container-based Sanitation Models Published in H2Open Journal Oct 19, 2021
- How Rapid Urbanization in Haiti can overburden fragile systems Oct 8, 2021
- The Challenges of Results-Based Financing for Sanitation: Shared Lessons Learned from Haiti Oct 5, 2021
- Job Post: Konpos Lakay Consultant Sep 27, 2021
- SOIL Featured in Global Citizen Sep 23, 2021
- Dignity and Respect for Haitian Refugees at the U.S. Border Sep 22, 2021
- September 2021 Newsletter: From Response to Reconstruction Sep 15, 2021
- Building Resilience: SOIL at World Water Week 2021 Sep 9, 2021
- New U.N. Climate Report Sep 2, 2021
- SOIL Wins Environmental Justice Prize Aug 25, 2021
Photo Credit: Vic Hinterlang