Webinar: SOIL Talks Climate Connections with ILSR
Last week, SOIL’s Executive Director and Co-Founder Dr. Sasha Kramer presented on the Institute for Local Self-Reliance’s Compost Climate Connections series webinar. Sasha discussed the role compost plays in mitigating climate change, how ecological sanitation systems work, and the benefits of a circular economy approach to sanitation in Haiti. Long-time SOIL research partner Dr. Rebecca Ryals joined the webinar and shared the results from her recently published paper that analyzes the climate benefits of SOIL’s ecological sanitation services.
If you weren’t able to watch, The Institute for Local Self-Reliance has made the video available online. Enjoy!
Watch the Webinar
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our work in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
Other Recent Updates from SOIL
- Composting Across Countries: A visit to Kompotoi in Switzerland Sep 9, 2020
- Container-Based Sanitation: Including Vulnerable Populations in Climate Mitigation Aug 20, 2020
- August Newsletter: SOIL Launches New Marketing Campaign as Emergency Measures are Lifted Aug 12, 2020
- Reflections on Research: Biogeochemist Gavin McNicol shares insights from his research at SOIL Aug 7, 2020
- SOIL’s EkoLakay Toilet Service Bridging the Gap in Haiti’s Sanitation Sector Aug 4, 2020
- World Centric: Interview with Sasha Kramer Jul 17, 2020
- SOIL announces new give-back partnership with bamboo toilet paper company, Reel Paper Jul 8, 2020
- A Devastating Blow to Haiti’s Most Vulnerable Jun 23, 2020
- New Routing App Streamlines SOIL’s COVID-19 Response Jun 17, 2020
- Nature Climate Change: Groundbreaking Research on GHG Emissions Offset of SOIL’s Sanitation Solution Jun 16, 2020
Photo Credit: Vic Hinterlang