Webinar: SOIL Talks Climate Connections with ILSR
Last week, SOIL’s Executive Director and Co-Founder Dr. Sasha Kramer presented on the Institute for Local Self-Reliance’s Compost Climate Connections series webinar. Sasha discussed the role compost plays in mitigating climate change, how ecological sanitation systems work, and the benefits of a circular economy approach to sanitation in Haiti. Long-time SOIL research partner Dr. Rebecca Ryals joined the webinar and shared the results from her recently published paper that analyzes the climate benefits of SOIL’s ecological sanitation services.
If you weren’t able to watch, The Institute for Local Self-Reliance has made the video available online. Enjoy!
Watch the Webinar
SOIL depends on individual donations from people like you to fund our work in Haiti. Please consider supporting SOIL today.
Other Recent Updates from SOIL
- SOCIETY Magazine: Completing the Poop Loop Jan 20, 2020
- Exciting Updates from SOIL’s Black Soldier Fly Research Jan 13, 2020
- A decade later, we remember Jan 10, 2020
- Green America: Tackling Soil, Sanitation, and Beyond in Haiti Jan 3, 2020
- The Guardian: The No-Flush Movement Dec 26, 2019
- Training a New Generation of Sanitation Researchers Dec 19, 2019
- Enduring Hope Dec 13, 2019
- New and Improved Bonzode Dec 10, 2019
- 2x the Impact on Giving Tuesday Dec 2, 2019
- JSTOR: A History of Human Waste As Fertilizers Nov 25, 2019
Photo Credit: Vic Hinterlang