SOIL Wins 2015 Humanitarian Water And Food Award
We are pleased to announce that SOIL is a winner of the 2015 Humanitarian Water and Food Award! Founded in Denmark in 2008, the WAF Award “promotes global best practices in water and food security initiatives.” WAF evaluates solutions based on six values:
SOIL’s own Regional Director, Baudeler Magloire, and Systems Director, Erica Lloyd, traveled to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to represent SOIL at the WAF Forum and Awards Ceremony. During the forum, SOIL joined the two other finalist organizations, ENPHO (a Nepal organization that has launched a social business selling biosand water filters) and Turenscape (a Chinese company that creates urban wetlands) in presenting their work to a room full of students, non-profit leaders, business professionals, government officials, and members of the media.
The WAF ceremony was truly an event – featuring Malaysian dancers, singers, and drumming groups – and was attended by the Princess of Malaysia, the First Lady of East Timor, the Princess of the Zulu Nation of South Africa, the Danish Ambassador to Malaysia, as well as a host of other dignitaries. The crowd was taken by surprise when the award patron, philanthropist Prem Rawat, announced that for the first time, the WAF judging committee decided to award the prize to all three finalist organizations!
SOIL is proud to be in such excellent company, and we’re grateful to the WAF Award for giving us the opportunity to share our work with so many people. With billions around the world still relying on water sources that are polluted by human wastes, and declining soil fertility disrupting global agricultural productivity, we still have a long way to go – but we’re excited that more and more people are learning about the power of Ecological Sanitation to address these problems.
You can watch the entire WAF Award ceremony at www.wafaward.org.
Check out other recent posts about SOIL’s awards
- SOIL featured in Expo 2020 Dubai Global Best Practice Programme | Untold Stories Oct 5, 2020
- Nonprofit HR’s Top Ten Women to Watch in 2020: SOIL’s Dr. Sasha Kramer Apr 6, 2020
- 15 of the Most Impactful Global Climate Projects Aug 2, 2019
- SOIL Wins UN’s Momentum for Change Climate Award Oct 1, 2018
- SOIL Wins Lush Spring Prize for Regenerative Sanitation Solution May 17, 2018
- ReSource Award Supports the Growth of SOIL’s Business Model Feb 23, 2018
- SOIL’s Executive Director Awarded Ashoka Changemaker Fellowship Jul 28, 2016
- SOIL Wins National Energy Globe Award Jul 5, 2016
- SOIL Wins 2015 Humanitarian Water And Food Award Nov 9, 2015
- Foundation Beyond Belief: Q3 2014 beneficiary, SOIL, continues critical sanitation work Aug 10, 2015