SOIL's New Consulting Services
SOIL is happy to announce that we are now offering consultancy services in Haiti and abroad. These consultancies will allow SOIL to share valuable knowledge and experience gained in implementing Ecological Sanitation in both emergency and non-emergency contexts. In addition to our core experience in Haiti since 2006, SOIL’s team of Ecological Sanitation (EcoSan) experts have worked on sanitation projects in the following countries; Benin, Central African Republic, Germany, Holland, Latvia, Liberia, Nigeria, Romania, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Sudan, Swaziland, the UK, and Zimbabwe.
The SOIL team is comprised of experts in civil engineering, public health, ecology, agronomy, education/community outreach, disaster risk reduction, project design, logistical frameworks, and donor reporting.
Our consultancy services include, but are not limited to:
- EcoSan Feasibility Studies
- Technical reviews of EcoSan projects
- Environmental Appraisals
- Engineering Assessments of infrastructure (toilets, composting facilities, logistical support frameworks)
- IEC activities/document review
- Mid-term and final evaluation of EcoSan projects
- Recommendations on pathogen reduction and fecal re-use
- Market assessment for end-products
- Training of trainers and project staff
Consultancies are currently offered in French, English, and Haitian Creole. Proposals for individual consultancies will be offered after evaluation of each specific project.
Examples of SOIL’s previous consultancies include:
Partnership with SELF and ADESCA in Benin to construct EcoSan toilets
Partnership with American Red Cross and WWF for environmental education
EcoSan education with beneficiaries for Concern Worldwide
Got something to say?